Qualified Integrators and Resellers (QIR) Program
The Qualified Integrators and Resellers (QIR) Program outlines guiding principles and procedures for the secure installation and maintenance of payment applications in a merchant environment, in a manner that supports their PCI DSS compliance efforts.
It is a simple process for joining the QIR Program. The QIR training candidate must receive training on how to securely configure, install and maintain payment applications on behalf of their merchant clients. Once the candidate passes the exam, the QIR will be listed on the PCI SSC website. In order to maintain the high standards set for this qualification, all QIRs must requalify every year in order to maintain their status as a QIR Professional and be listed on the PCI website.
Requirements – at a glance
QIR training candidate must have work experience in technology installation and system hardening. Candidate should have experience installing and configuring applications – preferably payment applications – equal to at least one year or three separate engagements.
The Process of Becoming an QIR
Step 1 – Review
Refer to the QIR Qualification Requirements for the complete program description and requirements, and to confirm that you are well suited for the program.
Step 2 – Apply
- Submit the QIR registration form.
- Once we review your registration, we will supply you with log-in credentials to complete your online application through PCI SSC’s secure portal.
- You will be notified via email of your application status within 3 days of submitting your fully completed application.
- Following the approval of an application, a training invoice will be emailed within 2-3 business days. Please see QIR pricing page for details.
Step 3 – Train
- Take the 1.5–2 hours eLearning course and pass a 30-question multiple-choice exam.
Step 4 – Qualify
- Successful candidates receive a QIR certificate and will be listed on the PCI SSC website
- Requalification will be required every year to maintain listing on the website.