Qualified Integrator and Resellers (QIR)™ Qualification
Numerous breach investigations have shown that poor installation and maintenance of payment systems are a leading cause of payment data breaches. The Qualified Integrators & Resellers course provides guidelines, training and qualification on the most critical control areas related to the installation of payment systems into merchant environments in a manner that improves payment data security and reduces merchant risk.
Qualified Integrators and Resellers (QIRs) serve an important role in the payments and information technology value chain. QIRs help their merchant customers improve payment data security and reduce risk by implementing the critical security controls to mitigate the most common causes of payment data breaches.
- Receive specialized training on critical security controls
- Achieve one-year renewable industry-recognized qualification
- Be listed in merchants’ go-to global directory of qualified providers on the PCI SSC website
- Stand apart from other service providers (payment brands may require merchants to use a trained QIR)
Right for You?
You’re an integrator or reseller that sells, installs, and/or services payment systems on behalf of software vendors or others.
The course will also benefit payment application software developers.
Typical job titles include:
- Software Integrator
New QIR training (eLearning only)
Requalification QIR training
Please note: Unless otherwise specified, all fees are in US Dollars. Payment is required prior to beginning the course. Course conducted in English. Examination delivered in English.
How to Prepare for the Exam
Candidates should familiarize themselves with background information regarding the PCI Standards and supporting documents. These materials are available for access and download in the PCI Document Library on the PCI SSC website. Please read and understand the following documents before taking the QIR course.
Visit our document library for access to all QIR documentation.
Training Formats/Exam Information
- eLearning: Two-hour self-paced computer-based training (CBT) followed by an online exam. Training and exam must be completed within 60 days of receipt of payment.
New Exam Specifics:
- Exam is 30 multiple choice questions with a 45-minute time limit.
- 75% or higher to pass the exam; the only information that can be released concerning exams is your grade.
- You will have three attempts to pass the exam.
Step 1 – Review
Step 2 – Apply
Once we review your registration, we will supply you with log-in credentials to complete your online application through PCI SSC’s secure portal.
Applicants will be notified via email of their application status within 3 days of submitting their fully completed application. Following the approval of an application, a training invoice will be emailed within 2-3 business days.
In order to maintain the high standards set for this qualification, all QIR employees must requalify every year in order to maintain their status as a QIR Professional and be listed on the PCI website. Requalification is based on payment of the QIR requalification course fee and successful and timely completion of the online requalification exam.
- Active QIR’s are allowed to register for requalification training as early as 90 days prior to their expiration date. Once registered, they will receive immediate access to the eLearning training.
- Registration must be submitted no later than the candidate’s expiration date.
- Exam access is given no earlier than four (4) weeks prior to expiration date AND invoice is paid.
- An active QIR who is not registered for requalification training before midnight Eastern Time on their qualification expiration date, or who does not achieve a passing score on the exam by the end of their qualification period, will be required to re-enroll as a new candidate.
- Non-proctored remote exam
- Exam is 30 multiple-choice questions with a 45-minute time limit.
- 75% or higher to pass the exam; the only information that can be released concerning exams is the grade.
- If you fail the exam, please have the primary contact email email@example.com for the next steps.
As a result of the knowledge gained in the QIR training course, I can better address our customers’ needs, which translates into benefits such as trusted partnerships, long-term working relationships, and increased referrals for the company.
Shane Andrie , Information Security Analyst , Amano McGann
The training is a great way for our payment system integration specialists to increase their understanding of PCI DSS.