PCI Awareness Training
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Awareness training is for anyone interested in learning more about PCI – especially people working for organizations that must comply with PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). By promoting employee awareness of security, organizations can improve their security posture and reduce risk to cardholder data.
- Control costs and gain tangible, real-world insights on best practices
- Understand PCI compliance before you go through an assessment.
- Apply PCI DSS security principles across your business.
- Earn continuing education credits.
- Completion of this course may help satisfy PCI DSS Requirement 12.6 for general security awareness education.
Knowledge of and compliance with data security standards (12 requirements for any business that stores, processes, or transmits payment cardholder data) can bring major benefits to your business, while failure to comply can have serious and long-term negative consequences.
This entry-level course outlines the challenges surrounding payment card security and explains what the PCI Standards do to mitigate these issues – and will provide you with the tools to build a secure payments environment. Areas covered by the course include:
- Overview of PCI requirements, how they enhance data security, and support compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Roles and responsibilities of key players in the compliance process – including overviews of the Internal Security Assessor (ISA), Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), and Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) programs.
- PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) overview.
- PCI reporting overview.
- What constitutes PCI compliance.
- Synopsis of the infrastructure used by organizations to accept payment cards and communicate with verification and payment facilities.
Upon completing PCI Awareness training, you’ll be able to:
- Have tools and insight to build a secure payments environment.
- Support your organization’s compliance efforts through your knowledge of how to apply PCI Standards.
Right for You?
You recognize how important payment card data security is to your business – and that payment card security is a shared responsibility. PCI Awareness training is geared to a broad audience including executives, managers, and staff who are affected by PCI compliance requirements. Anyone can benefit – no previous PCI knowledge is required
|Employees Registered||Price per Person|
PCI Awareness Training (eLearning, 1-24 Count)
PCI Awareness Training (eLearning, 25-99 Count)
PCI Awareness Training (eLearning, 100+ count)
Please note: Unless otherwise specified, all fees are in US Dollars. Payment is required prior to beginning the course. Course conducted in English.
- eLearning: A 4-hour self-paced computer-based training (CBT). You will have 90 days from the receipt of payment to complete all components of the training. You may go in and out of the course as much as needed during the 90 days.
- 4 CPE hours are earned.
There are no registration prerequisite requirements. There is no exam or certification associated with this course.
To help you prepare for the course, we encourage you to review two publications from the Document Library on the PCI Council website:
- PCI Glossary
- PCI Data Security Standard