Frequently Asked Question
How does the Prioritized Approach work?
The Prioritized Approach focuses on six security milestones to incrementally protect against the highest risk factors and escalating threats. The milestones are structured around six core best practices, as follows:
- Milestone One: If you don’t need it, don’t store it.
- Milestone Two: Secure the perimeter.
- Milestone Three: Secure applications.
- Milestone Four: Control access to your systems.
- Milestone Five: Protect stored cardholder data
- Milestone Six: Finalize your compliance efforts, and ensure all controls are in place.