Principal Participating Organizations
Created in 1984 to implement a universal and interoperable card and mobile payment system as well as a cash withdrawal system at ATMs in France, Groupement des Cartes Bancaires CB is the governing body of the CB card and mobile payment system. CB is the leading payment brand in France with over 65% of household consumption paid for with a CB card.
The following figures refer to France in 2022:
- 76 million cards in circulation
- 50,000 Automated Teller Machines
- 2 million CB merchant contracts
- 15 billion transactions (including 7 billion in contactless mode), i.e. a volume of 685 billion euros
- 2 billion in e-commerce transactions
Learn more about how you can become a Principal Participating Organization.