PCI SSC Regional Engagement Board Taps Leading Companies in Brazil to Drive Education and Awareness of Standards and Best Practices for Safe Payments
SAO PAULO, Brazil, 26 January 2022 — Today the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) announced a new roster of Brazilian payments leaders to serve on its 2022-2023 Brazil Regional Engagement Board.
Board members act as advisors to the Council on payment security issues and challenges in the region, and as ambassadors for helping increase education and awareness of standards and best practices for safe payments.
Companies serving on the 2022-2023 Brazil Regional Engagement Board represent leaders from all sectors in the Brazilian payments industry – including vendors, merchants, processors, service providers, banks, and industry associations. These include:
- 1stSecureIT LLC (dba GM SECTEC)
- ACI Worldwide Inc.
- Adyen NV
- Algar TI Consultoria S/A
- Banco Inter S.A.
- Banco PAN S.A.
- Banco Safra
- C6 Bank
- Camara-e.net, Camara Brasileira de Comercio Eletronico
- Cielo S.A.
- CloudWalk Meio de Pagamentos e Servicos LTDA
- CSU Cardsystem S.A.
- Elo Servicos S.A.
- Fidelity Information Services (FIS)
- First Data Merchant Services
- First Tech Tecnologia
- Foregenix Ltd.
- GC Security
- Gertec Brasil Ltda
- Getnet Technologia em Captura e Processamento de Transacoes H.U.A.H. S/A
- Insside Information Inteligente SRL
- KRYPTUS SEGURANCA DA INFORMACAO S.A.
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A
- Mercadolibre S.A.
- PagSeguro Internet S.A.
- Perto S.A.
- PicPay Servicos S.A.
- TIVIT Terceirizacao de Processos, Servicos e Tecnologia S/A
- Will Bank
“With the publication of version 4.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard in March and the continued evolution of the mobile standards, it will be a significant year for the Council and an exciting time for the Brazil Regional Engagement Board,” said Carlos Caetano, PCI SSC Associate Director, Latin America Region for Brazil. “I look forward to collaborating with this diverse group of payment security experts. This board will foster knowledge of market-specific payment security threats and technology, and will provide insights to evolve standards, programs and educational resources to better serve the region.”
The board will meet regularly throughout the year to discuss payment data security issues, trends and market changes. Its key priorities in 2022 will include:
- Awareness of PCI DSS v4.0: Helping increase understanding of updates in version 4.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard;
- Educational Resources for Brazil: Collaborating on the development of content and resources for the Brazilian payments industry;
- Awareness of Key Payment Security Initiatives: Driving regional awareness and understanding of the PCI Software Security Framework (SSF) and PCI SSC Mobile Standards;
- Training: Fostering greater payment security awareness and understanding through PCI Training.
“Global collaboration is a core principle of the PCI Security Standards Council,” says Lance Johnson, Executive Director of PCI SSC. “The PCI SSC Brazil Regional Engagement Board represents perspectives from payment security experts in Brazil that are critical in our mission to enhance global payment security.”
Learn more about the Council’s focus on increasing industry participation and knowledge through initiatives like the Regional Engagement Board on the PCI Perspectives blog: Increasing Industry Participation and Knowledge. View the PCI SSC website for additional information on the Brazil Regional Engagement board.
About the PCI Security Standards Council
The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) leads a global, cross-industry effort to increase payment security by providing industry-driven, flexible, and effective data security standards and programs that help businesses detect, mitigate, and prevent cyberattacks and breaches. Connect with the PCI SSC on LinkedIn. Join the conversation on Twitter @PCISSC. Subscribe to the PCI Perspectives Blog.