PCI Professional (PCIP) ™
About the Course
Build your PCI credentials
The Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP)™ is the base, entry level qualification for an individual and provides a solid foundation for future career progression to other PCI qualifications. This personal qualification stays in effect as long as the individual continues to meet program requirements and is not affected by changes in employment assignments.
Who should Attend:This course is geared to those dedicated to excellence in payment security information including but not limited to - information security/technology, finance, e-commerce, product development professionals, as well as marketing or sales professionals involved with developing and selling payments-oriented products (such as PA-DSS validated applications):
- IT and IT Security Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Governance & Risk Managers
- Change Management Professionals
- Financial Crime & Fraud Managers
- E-Commerce Managers
- Product Development Managers
Authoritative course content is delivered in two formats: online, eLearning environment or instructor-led classes delivered by PCI Global Training Network (PGTN) provider.
This self-paced eLearning course offers:
- Flexible scheduling 24/7/365
- An environment conducive to learning from the comfort of your home or office
- Reduction in travel costs and time away from work
- Provides individuals in any country an opportunity to train for and take the exam at their convenience and at a location close to home or work.
Instructor-led ( delivered by PGTN provider)
Engaging and effective, this one day of classroom-style instruction provides:
- Ability to focus on curriculum with fewer distractions in classroom setting
- Learn directly from an authorized PGTN trainer
- Interaction with instructor and fellow classmates
Taking the exam - students will take the qualification exam at one of over 4,000 Pearson VUE Testing Centers worldwide. Click here for listing of testing centers.
The student will receive a voucher number to be redeemed in Pearson VUE's online registration system, allowing him/her to select the location and time where he/she will take the exam at the PVTC.
My PCIP status reassures my clients that not only do I have the requisite knowledge but my skills have been recognized by PCI SSC. The recertification requirements ensure that I keep my knowledge up to date rather than just pass once and cruise.Peter Sandilands, Tripwire Inc.
I felt that getting PCIP training directly from the PCI SSC would help me attain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the PCI DSS - I've been able to apply what I learned in multiple ways.Randy Braatz, Excentus Corporation
The PCIP qualification does a good job explaining the underlying implications and spirit of each requirement which some other compliance regulatory certifications tend to miss. I highly recommend the PCIP course.Chris Strand, Bit9 Inc.