PCI Fundamentals is a prerequisite for many of our courses. This class assures that all candidates have the same baseline understanding. The PCI Fundamentals course must be completed within thirty days of initial access and a minimum of one week prior to the start of a training class.
This prerequisite course covers:
- Understanding the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council and its role
- Defining the processes involved in card processing
- PCI roles and responsibilities
- Understanding cardholder data
- Defining network segmentation
- PCI DSS assessments
The online prerequisite course concludes with a 60 question multiple-choice exam. Once the candidate has completed the PCI Fundamentals training and exam, the Primary Contact will be notified of either a passing or failing grade. If the candidate failed the exam, he or she will be allowed two additional attempts to take and pass without being charged an additional fee.*
* If the candidate receives a failing grade for the PCI Fundamentals course after the third attempt, his or her seat at the instructor-led session will be forfeited. If he or she wishes to try again, the candidate will be required to pay the full course fee for a second time and receive a passing grade in the PCI Fundamentals course to be allowed to attend the two-day instructor-led session. There will be no exceptions made and by paying the invoice, you agree to these terms.
There are no registration prerequisite requirements. There is no exam or certification associated with this course.
To help you prepare for the course, we encourage you to review two publications from the Document Library on the PCI Council website:
- PCI Glossary
- PCI Data Security Standard